Our guide to 2018’s hottest home trends
Move over Millennial pink and marble. There are some gorgeous new interiors trends tearing up the blogosphere and we’re in the mood for something that feels fresh and different. A shiny new year is the perfect time to give your house/flat/room a little refresh and this doesn’t mean forking out for new furniture.
We couldn’t wait to start finding savvy ways to get onboard with our favourites, so here’s how to shop the looks, without busting the bank balance (because – yes – we are still feeling the Christmas pinch. Ouch!)
1. Spa Bathrooms
Decant your soap, grab your candles and fluff up your towels – retailers are calling 2018 the year of the spa bathroom. It’s not hard to see why, we all need a little pampering sanctuary to escape the stresses of modern life. Think of what makes a great hotel-chic experience for YOU and recreate it at home. Top tips: clever storage, quality textiles and a gorgeous mirror.
1. Zara Home Golden Transfer Bathroom Set, £6.99
2. H&M Round Mirror, £24.99
3. Marks and Spencer Luxury Egyptian Cotton Bath Sheet, £22.50
4. Ikea Vilto Shelving Unit, £40
5. Urban Outfitters All-Over Palm Bath Mat, £17.50
2. Big Wall Art
Much as we love a gallery wall, we’re even more excited about the large wall art that’s been filling our ‘Gram. Online galleries like art.co.uk make it easy to find something special for your budget and now many mainstream websites like wayfair.co.uk have a great value art selection. Abstracts, portraits and moody dark florals are all good to search for right now. Or what about a boho wall-hanging – always a talking point?
1. Flowers in a Vase Still Life, £115
2. Sass & Belle Boho Macrame Wall Hanging, £16
3. Kate Moss Life is a Joke Large Print, £99.95
4. Rockett St George Large Palm Print Canvas Wall Hanging, £40
5. Wayfair Isle of Skye Print, £30.99
Last year we couldn’t move for rose gold and copper accents. The good news is – this trend isn’t going anywhere. But now there’s a move towards mixing up your metals, adding some darker, less girly flavours into your home. Bronze-effect, steel and brass are inexpensive but instantly glamorous.
1. Next gold tray, £25
2. Habitat Gold Easy-to-fit Ceiling Shade, £35
3. Made Star Lamp, £99
4. Brass Wishbone, £9.95
5. La Redoute Brass Wire Shelf, £10.80
4. Colourful front doors
These days it seems every interiors blogger worth a follow has an Insta-fabulous front door. A front door makeover is a relatively-simple weekend job that can add personality, style and serious kerb appeal to your pad, all for the cost of a paint pot. So what’s hot for 2018? Plump for either classic muted shades or feel-good brights: sage green, navy, pink and yellow are all trending right now.
1. Fired Earth Carbon Blue
2. Dulux Heart Wood
3. Farrow & Ball Lichen
4. Little Greene Trumpet
5. Pom Poms
It appears we’ve reached peak pom pom: searches on Pinterest alone are up a whopping 444% and they’ve crossed over from nursery kitsch to grown-up gorgeous. We say: there isn’t much in your home that isn’t instantly improved with the artful draping of a colourful pom pom garland. Get happy!
1. John Lewis Leillo Pom Pom Cushion, £20
2. Pom Pom Galore Rainbow Multi Pom Pom Garland, £18
3. Pom Pom Basket, £37.95
4. Made of Weaves Creamy Pom Pom Round Rug, £40.18
5. Fox & Ivy Knitted Pom Pom Throw, £40